Windows Apps

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Magnum, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Ok, I have found a few things on google about this. I want to make an app badly. The problem is, I only have a Windows XP operating system. I can't afford a mac or even the windows 7 update. Does anyone know of an affective sdk I can use? My iPod IS jailbroken (as many of you should know) and I won't have a problem is I can only submit this to cydia if I have to. Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
  3. Magnum

Magnum New Member

This looks tough. Is this all coding? If it is relative to java/html I should be able to do it.

I have always been confused with Linux. What is it exactly (Other than another operating system of coarse.)
  4. Nburnes

Device:
    OnePlus One
    You're going to need to know a couple languages to do all this.

Linux is a kernel, which is the heart of the system, so I should have stated Linux based OS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
  5. Magnum

Magnum New Member

I know of dual booting with windows and Linux. Would that allow me to use the Mac's programs with still keeping the heart of the OS Windows? I know I sound like a major nub (which is weird for me) but I never really looked into Linux before.
  6. Nburnes

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Nothing allows you to use Mac's applications, unless you are running OSX itself.

Dual-booting Linux and Windows is a rather easy process, depending on what OS you choose to dual boot with.

Your system may be able to dual boot with OSX, labeling your machine as a hackintosh, if your hardware is a match for it.
  7. Magnum

Magnum New Member

I'll have to look into that. There is a lot that I don't know about and the official Apple iPhone sdk would be a blessing to use. I'll try to understand about the Hackintosh and Windows-Linux dual boot more to fully grab the concept.