Windows 7 vs OSX Snowleopard (price)

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by r1dePrkCty, Jul 13, 2009.

1. r1dePrkCty

r1dePrkCty New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmmmm.... something's not right here

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I see a flame war coming...
    But still, Windoze is pretty overpriced.
  3. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Even the full Snow Leopard price is much cheaper ($129)
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Windows 7 is very overpriced. But it is a nice OS, much better than Win-Crap Vista. Snow Leopard will prolly be better though.
  5. r1dePrkCty

r1dePrkCty New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree, Win 7 has finally gotten it right. I'm testing the RC right now and to be honest, i have not booted into vista for over a month. It functions very smoothly and it works as it should. I was just dissapointed with the price so i thought i would post this. There was no intentions of bashing Win7 from the function standpoint.
  6. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    windows 7 is all good, except for the price. thats the only thing stopping me.
  7. Gman4354

Gman4354 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Microsoft is out of their f-ing mind if they think ANYONE will spend $320 for their operating system!!!! This is why I love Mac's! Apple makes a majority of their profit from their hardware, so that way they can sell the software at lower prices -- Snow Leopard FTW. Now $30 makes my wallet sing in joy!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I think for people that aren't currently using Leopard have to pay only $50
  8. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Of course, Microsoft and Apple are the only two companies to charge for their operating systems...
  9. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Windows 7 looks great, but I will probably never use it. I only use windows at work and we are still running XP on all 200+ computers at this location alone. Thousands of PC's in the entire company all running XP and it will stay this way for a long time. The expence to switch to 7 is to great and on top of that a lot of the software we run is XP only and the cost to update all of that software would be more then the cost of licensing 7 for all the PC's here. Its not worth it to switch for just UI tweaks. Only when Microsoft stops licensing xp will we switch, very slowly over years. If Microsoft decides to move onto another OS as soon as they are abandoning vista, then we could be in real truble at that point. I think a lot of companys are in the same boat.

Companys running OSX (Very few) on the other hand can upgrade for much cheaper and with far less compatibility problems.

Aside from all that snow leopard was rebuilt basicly from the ground up, UI stayed the same though because its great as is, to prepare itself for the future. Windows 7 for the most part is a new paint job and body kit on top of the same inards as vista.

Guess in the end its all about what matters to you. A new car with a new exterior and interior and the same engine as last years model or a new car that looks the same as last years, but with an upgraded new engine.
  10. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I hope you guys realize that a majority of users will either acquire W7 by having it come with a new computer, or they'll simply just upgrade. Keep in mind that the upgrade prices for W7 are vastly cheaper than they were/are for Vista.

Also, I doubt anybody would spend money on Ultimate "Full". Most users use Home Premium, or Professional, as the extras included in W7 Ultimate are useless to average users, since XP Mode, BitLocker, the advanced networking features, and on-the-fly language switching are the only things that Home Premium doesn't have.