Windows 7/Vista 32-bit suspect Libusb BSOD

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by MasterBeef, Apr 7, 2009.

1. MasterBeef

MasterBeef New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi all,

I've been attempting to jailbreak my new iPod Touch 2G with both QuickFreedom and UnofficialSn0w and I'm getting the same issue with both.

I install Libusb in compatibility mode for XP S2 and the test for devices at the end of the install works fine, picks up the ipod in both regular or DFU mode.

However, if I try it again from the installed folder it doesn't pick up anything. I tested this because QuickFreedom wouldn't detect LibUSB installed (running straight after installing QuickFreedom), because then it would go back to the main 3-icon menu so I'd click Jailbreak and it would immediately BSOD.

In Unofficialsn0w after following all the steps successfully when I get to the RUNME.exe and I'd 'press any key to continue', it will sit there for about 12 seconds then BSOD.

I'm guessing Libusb is the problem, but i can't find any solutions because I'm running Windows 7 (everything should be same as Vista) 32-bit, NOT the 64-bit many people have issues with.

It's fine restarting my PC and all, it only BSODs when I click Jailbreak in QuickFreedom or RUNME.exe in unofficialsn0w. And yes, my ipod is in proper DFU mode (I had a jailbreaked iPod Touch 1G previously).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Try reinstalling LibUSB again, and using RedTool if your other perferred options fail. I'm using windows 7 32-Bit Build 7068, so I can testify jailbreaking is possible on this platform

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Compatibility mode?
    Big wall so didn't read it all.