Windows 7 RC1 Leaked - DISCUSS, DO NOT LINK

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by rafarquhar, Apr 24, 2009.

1. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

The first release candidate of Windows 7 (build 7100, x86 and x64) was leaked today. I haven't seen a changelog yet, but I'm contemplating installation, since I still don't have Vista and will be upgrading to a DX10 graphics card soon.

Thoughts on this release? I thought it deserved a thread, being a release candidate and all.

There was a big thread on some UI change, but I don't think there are any major changes like that. I haven't been able to find a changelog.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I could give two shats about Windows 7 RC right now. They release too many versions too quickly. I'll stay on Beta 7000. Wake me up when RTM releases.
  3. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well, im already booting, Mac, linux, XP and vista so i might put that one in the mix too, looks ok tbh
  4. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

How stable is that anyway? I've thought about installing 7, but I've been hesitant due to the fact that my last dual boot with 7 resulted in a destroyed XP installation - it was unbootable. Luckily, I could still access my XP partition's files, so I backed them up and reformatted and stayed with XP.
    </lifestory>

Anyway, that was back with an early leak of 7 (it still required a patch to replace the default Windows taskbar with the new one), so I might try this new release as a replacement for XP, since there's more support around now.
  5. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

I read about it earlier. I have 7077 so not planning to get RC1 really. No major changes I don't think.
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I haven't had a BSOD in quite a While (Which for Windows, especially Vista, is a milestone.) Problems are: Sometimes when I start Windows 7, the taskbar shows nothing but the start menu (As in, no icons, no systray, etc). Gaming sometimes freezes at a black screen where I have to completely shut down my computer (Can't even go back to the desktop or open Task Manager.)

Other than that, it runs pretty well.
  7. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i might wait for it to be more stable actually
  8. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

I've had no problems with 7077 whatsoever.
  9. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

Same here. I'm using it as my primary OS. Vista was bugging me.
  10. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I got a BSOD playing Crysis on 7.
    Pretty funny, but it's the same BSOD error message I got playing Crysis (and other games) on XP...