Windows 7 Questions/Opinions

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by mmitt, Feb 11, 2009.

1. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    First of all, let me say that Windows 7 is a very nice and promising OS. Lets get the questions out of the way first.

Questions:
    I can't seem to get Office applications to run on it... I get the error:
    "The operation system is not presently configured to run this application."
    Now I realize a beta, but is there a way to get that to work?

Since I only made a 30GB partition, is installing programs on another windows partition going to be alright? Is there any downside to that? If so, how can I shrink my Vista partition and expand my Win7 partition without breaking the bootloader? (I only have a D recovery drive thing, no vista install disk, so I can't repair like everyone else using Gparted...)

Opinions:
    Windows 7 is becoming more and more like Leopard in my opinion. In a good way. The new dock makes it easy to launch and switch applications and the window control movements to make everything go away are helpful too.

The new Libraries feature is very smart. I found it easy to organize all of my files and find directories very quickly.

The boot time has significantly decreased since Vista. I'm thinking that my computer probably boots faster than my iPod now...

In all, I wouldn't pay 200$ for it though. It's a cool OS, but do we really need another Windows release...

Well, those were my opinions. What about yours?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. JayK-47

JayK-47 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    AS you said windows 7 is a cool OS but I think it is unfair for us to buy the OS we were promised (vista) and didnt get, it should be like a update or something.
  3. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah man. I'm so close to giving up on M$ right now. It took me about a week to safely partition my Hard drive, to even install Windows 7 from Vista. I think that we who bought Vista deserve 7 for all that we have gone through haha.
  4. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Me also, I have vista on my computer because it came with it

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Vista isn't that bad, but it isn't as good as XP. But buying Window 7 would be to much to buy also, so I gave up on M$ also. How much money does M$ really need.