Windows 7, iPod Touch 2nd Gen problem (music transfers slow)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bren86, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Bren86

Bren86 New Member

This iPod Touch works fine on Windows XP and Windows Vista. I have two other iPods, nano 3rd and 4th gen and they both work fine with Windows 7.

I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and I'm having problems with my iPod Touch. Its taking far to long to transfer music to the device from iTunes, for example about 20 minutes for a 16 track album when usually this takes a matter of seconds in Windows XP & Vista and on my other iPods.

I have the latest firmware on the touch and the latest iTunes version, everything installed fine such as bonjour, quicktime, apple software update. Apple Application Support, Apple Mobile Devices support. I've unistalled and reinstalled it all 3 times including the roamings folder plus restored my iPod Touch many times to but no joy.
  2. iPod.Touch

iPod.Touch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Probably a dumb question but: Are you plugging it into a USB 1.1 port?

EDIT: It's not Windows 7. I too have Ultimate 32-bit and everything is working fine.
  3. Bren86

Bren86 New Member

No its USB 2.0. My other ipods work fine with this computer and windows 7. My touch worked fine on this computer when I had Windows XP its only gone faulty since Windows 7 the other week.
  4. hayntaptap

hayntaptap New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had something similar like this happen to me, It Sucked! Try Using a different USB port or another USB Cord (Cord that charges the iPod) I dunno if it'll work but give it a try....

Happy Fixing

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Did you actually buy W7?
  6. iOwnxD

iOwnxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i noticed this with windows 7 too. it would take like 1 min or two longer then it would on windows xp.
  7. Bren86

Bren86 New Member

So is there a known fix for this? Tried other ports and a different usb cable but no luck. did you manage to fix the problem hayntaptap & iOwnxD?

Just strange how my other ipods are working fine with windows 7 but not this touch but the touch works fine on vista or xp.
  8. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    same problems here, also, alot of crashing of itunes on sync, or freezing up when i plug iphone in.

Sometimes itunes randomly removes all my songs when sometimes it doesnt, and it takes forever to transfer D:
  9. Bren86

Bren86 New Member

^ I get exactly that to. Has there been a service pack for windows 7 or another update for itunes since Windows 7 has been released? I think I will install windows xp again for the time being.
  10. hotfuzz

hotfuzz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mine works fine, Windows 7 Ultimate RTM x64!