Windows 7 Inspired by Mac According to Simon Aldous, Microsoft's partner group manage

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by canesfan, Nov 12, 2009.

1. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Simon Aldous, Microsoft's partner group manager, said that the windows 7 OS was made to look and feel more like a mac....

heres the article (via Cnet)

Microsoft exec: Mac OS inspired Windows 7
    by Chris Matyszczyk

Sometimes you take a wrong turning in life and, Wednesday, a slight concussion led my eyes to fall upon the pages of PCR.
    It is a little more intelligent than my normal reading matter, but I am very grateful for its interview with Simon Aldous, Microsoft's partner group manager.
    He was quoted, for example, as saying: "One of the things that people say an awful lot about the Apple Mac is that the OS is fantastic, that it's very graphical and easy to use."

Perfect harmony?
    You're waiting for the punchline, right? You know, the one about how he was kidding.
    Wait away because he continued: "What we've tried to do with Windows 7--whether it's traditional format or in a touch format--is create a Mac look and feel in terms of graphics."
    I know that such words might cause some entrenched foot soldiers in both of the fanchildren camps to hoot, hiss, sigh and reach for the nearest farming implement.
    However, isn't it rather charming to hear someone admit that a competitor's product isn't overly expensive or overly pretentious, but that it has something about it that is good and that real people who buy real products actually appreciate?

link- http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10395980-71.html?tag=newsEditorsPicksArea.0
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Says the guy who had nothing to do with developing Windows 7...
  3. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    what did he do for microsoft anyway
  4. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I don't know. But i don't think he's doing anything anymore, if you get my drift...
  5. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    lol i figured. execs probably read this and flipped out
  6. _JKK_

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    They did. In fact, they had a response up somewhere. Check engadget.com...
  7. Kasperr

Kasperr Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, i would actully like if they made the OS more mac-ish, but without removing any functionality. Like, games, Programs and so on..
  8. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  9. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    new news... (via iclarified)

Microsoft has responded to comments by a manager suggesting that Windows 7 tries to create a Mac look and feel.

In an interview with PCR, Microsoft partner group manager Simon Aldous said, "One of the things that people say an awful lot about the Apple Mac is that the OS is fantastic, that it's very graphical and easy to use. What we’ve tried to do with Windows 7 -- whether it's traditional format or in a touch format -- is create a Mac look and feel in terms of graphics."

Microsoft has responded on the official Microsoft blog flatly rebuking the employee.

"Unfortunately this came from a Microsoft employee who was not involved in any aspect of designing Windows 7," Brandon LeBlanc said. "I hate to say this about one of our own, but his comments were inaccurate and uninformed."
  10. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    This.