Window tint, maybe?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Midnight, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Midnight

Midnight New Member

I've been reading up on all the skins that are out there because the back of my Touch is all scratched up after only a week of use. With the first few scratches, I saw that some use toothpaste to buff small scratches out, tried it and made it worse. Then tried auto buffing compound (the mildest I had) and made it worse yet. LOL

Soooo, with all the reading I've done about skins, it occurred to me that they are very similar in application as window tinting. I happen to have a whole roll of 5% limo tint I found on a peg in the garage. I also have a punch I use in scrapbooking that is used to cut uniform round corners... my line of thinking is that the black tint would look okay as well as hide all the scratches, easy to apply (I've done MANY windows), the adhesive residue is a non-issue as I'm familiar with how to remove it if needed...

What are your thoughts? Has anyone else thought of or tried this? I did a search and came up with nothing, but wanted a little input before I tried it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Midnight

Midnight New Member

Nevermind... since I apparently don't have enough patience, I've given up on this.

Tried it-- corners went fine, perfectly straight sides, but that dang antenna area was just too difficult to cut out neatly and I don't think it would have looked right if I'd covered it. Gah.

3. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

lol it was worth a shot oh well
  4. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

i dont have the link but there is a kid on youtube that uses a bananna, its skin and windex to completely buff out his scratches on his nano. Check it out if you are interested.
  5. Midnight

Midnight New Member

I found it. Interesting, to say the least. LOL