Winchain App Builder.

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by donovan78, Jan 17, 2009.

1. donovan78

donovan78 New Member

I am trying to build my iPhone applications with winChain Builder , however will be the first and I would like to know if this project applicable to Apple App Store? I mean, if I build an application with it and I register (and pay) to the iPhone Developer Program, I will be able to publish applications under App Store? All this because I don't have a Mac, so I can't use the iPhone SDK (and I don't want to buy a Mac just for this...).

Thank you!
  2. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    WinChain App Builder? Well it must be either new/ or for 1.1.X. Anyways, if it's made with the toolchain, it will not be accepted into the App Store.

BTW, you can install OS X on a PC, just to let you know.
  3. donovan78

donovan78 New Member

Thanks for reply , however I ask why this limitation ? what is the difference from official iPhone SDK under Mac Os X ?
    Also the Open Toolchain iPhone native 2.x apps are not accepted in the App Store ? thanks...
  4. Gman4354

Gman4354 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Because things written in XCode are different than things written in the toolchain
  5. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Someone has submitted an app to the app store made with the toolchain and it was accepted all you send them is the .app folder which can be easily done with the toolchain. It's not as if you are sending them the source aswell. Although I do reccomend using Xcode it's much better
  6. iPodTouchDev

iPodTouchDev New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Your not getting the facts straight. He had to do some of the steps on a mac, so you CAN'T submit an app made with JUST the toolchain, because you don't just submit the .app, you must also send them the source, so that they can make sure that your not doing anything harmful to the user's device.
  7. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You just send them the binary. And I think there are several other things like the certification stuff that HAS to be done with a Mac.
  8. Spreche

Spreche Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yes there are many things. You have to have certificates, you have to enter device UUIDs for development, there are App IDs which is your 'com.apple.mobilecalendar' type of thing, and Provisioning profiles which are mainly used to sign the code properly. Once you buy the iPhone Developer Program, you get access to something called the Program Portal. The Program Portal allows you to create App IDs, Provisioning Profiles, and all the certificates. They have a document roughly around 50 pages explaining how to do everything.
  9. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

I almost spit my drink out when I read this.

Very funny.
  10. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I said built i never sais signed now did I