Win Xp Help?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by steve19137, Oct 29, 2009.

1. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

i have a compaq presario c551nr laptop. it came shipped with vista, and i trashed the heard drive about a year later. so now after trying to get mac os x and ubuntu to work, i have cloned the current computer that i am posting this with. this computer that i am using has win xp, and i cloned it. it was working for about a month with minor system errors, now it wont boot. what happens is i push power, and nothing happens. i can hear the fan and hd running, but the screen doesnt even flicker. its dead. so i suddenly remembered that i have system restore discs for win xp and vista, and i could try those, but theyre system restore, and thats difficult to handle. so is there a way to force the computer to boot from a cd or junk drive? or a key combo to boot it?
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you can't even see the BIOS in your computer, it's probably broken.

I don't know what to tell you if you can't access the BIOS... Which means no restoring.
  3. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

so my computer has bit the dust?
  4. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Not to sound offensive or make you sound stupid, but make sure power on moniter is on and plugged in

Please Register or Log in to view images

And if you already have an ubuntu disc, try putting it in the drive and restart PC.
    If it can somehow load from there you know your pc is not dead, but I still wouldn't know how to help you.
    Google "Computer Tech Forums" and do the second one "Tech Support Forums" you'll have to sign up but they have helped me before, however of course just like any forum it'll be a while before you get a reply

Please Register or Log in to view images