will ziphone break my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by retake, Jun 24, 2008.

1. retake

retake New Member

hi ive already tried out iliberty and didnt like it much..if i do ziphone ive heard it can mess up my ipod..my main question is if anything happens to my ipod will restoring it most deffinanlty clear everything from it and make it like new again? thanks!
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Ziphone is perfectly safe if you follow a good guide. And yes, if anything goes wrong in the process, you can always restore and it'll be good as new.
  3. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

Both of these methods are safe
  4. HockeyFan05

HockeyFan05 New Member

can you post a great guide? im getting an ipod this friday so i will be jailbreaking it right away.
  5. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

it wont do anything ad to it. if for some reason somethin doesnt work restore it and try again
  6. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    you don't need a guide, you just plug in your ipod, open ziphone, click jailbreak, and wait 45 seconds

thas'it

(also might be a good idea to, as soon as you start up your ipod after jailbreaking, open up contacts, make a new contact, and type in a bunch of stuff in the name section. after you type 'til it goes offscreen you can exit contacts.app and do whatever you normally do)

edit: hitman ziphone is safe (too lazy to make this big, just imagine it is)
  7. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think ziphone is wrong. Its stolen code and is very unsafe. Just use iLiberty. Its safer.
  8. KhmerB10

KhmerB10 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can't trust ZiPhone, even though it already screwed up my iPod 1000 times but I knew how to manage onto getting it back to normal.
    But for those who wouldn't know how to fix it if ZiPhone messes your iPod; don't think ZiPhone iLiberty is better.
    Right now I use WinPWN, I like integrating the apps into the firmwares

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You have no clue! Ziphone is fine. I will send you a guide. Also the jailbreak consisits of a lot more than hitting the jailbreak button. If you don't know what you are talking about don't post please.
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

I lol'd.

No it doesn't. Installing apps such as BSD Subsystem, OpenSSH, BossTool, etc, are optional after the jailbreak. If you simply want read/write access to your iPod, for some strange reason, all you have to do is basically click the "Jailbreak!" button.

I lol'd as well. This thread is full of lulz.