Will you be able to run Appstore and Installer Side by Side?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by mitcharr, Jun 9, 2008.

1. mitcharr

mitcharr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What do you think?

Do you think that firmware 2.0 will be jailbroken and running Installer and Appstore Side by side.

I certainly hope so, i want to have all the Installer applications as it is now, but add on some of the awesome features of 2.0 and Appstore.

I know there are topics similar to this, but what do you think will happen?
  2. nintendoom

nintendoom Member

I think as soon as we can jailbreak the official 2.0 we shouldn't have a problem running them both simult.
  3. tbay2010

tbay2010 New Member

i agree i don't see why we wouldn't. itunes is similar in that u can download songs and movies and u can run them simultaneously.
  4. mitcharr

mitcharr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I dont see how that is similar at all?
  5. nintendoom

nintendoom Member

well they both run independently of each other even though the iTunes store is legal or whatever it does not interfere with the many times illegal (not most of the time) features of Installer.app (i.e. cracked apps, etc.)
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    There still aren't apps written for 2.0 so it doesn't really matter right now.
  7. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Exactly and there are not that many dev porting there apps either so i doubt there will be as many apps as there are on installer now for a while. speaking of installer they may not even port it to 2.0 well at least till it unlocked. And that bring me to another point half the apps on installer wont work because of the sdk rules. The day i bought my ipod i jailbroke it i think i will always be in the jailbreak community so i would absolutely love it if we can run both at the same time.

Please Register or Log in to view images