Will We Be Abandoned?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Hobo In The Corner, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Hobo In The Corner

Hobo In The Corner New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am seeing more and more familiar apps like Sketches and Band in the app store, but they are charging. Does this mean that they are abandoning the jailbroken users in favor of turning a profit? Will this start to become a trend with some of the other high-quality apps we all love and use daily? Will they still offer them for us users for the time to come?
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

• Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    Well, here's my thought.

The dev team has patched the springboad to run any apps, obviously, because they ran cydia. Since people can sync their apps to the ipod, they will continue to use illegal apps(cuz they're naughty). I will NOT be doing this, but I cannot stop the members who will, nor can anyone else.

I hope apple finds a way to lock the purchased apps better for the sake of the developers. I am a developer and i know the hard work that gets put into these apps.
  3. Relic073

Relic073 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well they spent the time and money developing these apps...there for they need to be rewarded..i think its good that they try and compete with other people

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Most likely, they will abandon the Jailbreak.
  5. KhmerB10

KhmerB10 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Aww, abandon Jailbreak, so much memories of jailbreak

But like one of my ipod is jailbroken and the other uses App Store
  6. benmh92

benmh92 New Member

Jailbreaking wil hopefully continue because we all need a few apps which won't be on app store and of course themes etc.!
  7. kockgunner

kockgunner New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i usually don't care about stuff like this but i'd feel bad if apple lost control of the app store and games and apps started appearing as *******s and stuff.
  8. H3X

H3X New Member

Lol that's what's gonna happen and its gonna be awesome. It's not like the develepors are going to be loosing that much money. I'm not going to buy sketches anyway, but with this, I will. Besides, less than 5% of iPod Touches/iPhones are jailbroken.
  9. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    the apps that are acepted by the "app store sdk rules" will be abandoned, yes!

however... the apps that are not acepted in the "app store sdk rules" will still be in development and running strong and open source i.e iSlsk.app MyMedia.app etc

i hope

10. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

yup i agree although i didnt really use either of those apps so im pretty fortunate there