Will upgrading make me lose my apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by koompi, Feb 4, 2008.

1. koompi

koompi New Member

I've been wanting to upgrade to 1.1.2 but I can't find an answer to the title's question.

Will me updating from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 make me lose my applications and roms, or no?
  2. everythingipod

everythingipod New Member

ya you will untill you jailbreak 1.1.2
  3. sfgiantswings09

sfgiantswings09 New Member

yup...........
  4. ramcosca

ramcosca New Member

Just back up your /Applications and /Media folders into your computer, update and re-SSH them back into the iPod. Easy peasy.
  5. kanadian kevin

kanadian kevin New Member

My first post... yay!

Okay I'm a 100% jailbreakin' noob. I JUST ordered my touch from the apple site and have just started to research on how to jailbreak it. My question is the exact converse of this thread... from what I can tell, in order to jailbreak a new ipod (with 1.1.3 installed at the factory) you gotta downgrade it and then re-upgrade everything back up to 1.1.3 once jailbroken. If you do that, what will happen to the apps package that now comes standard with the touch? I've heard some people who had bought the $20 apps pack had to reload it once they jailbroke their touch but what happens when you don't have that downloaded package? Is it part of a firmware restore or something?

Sorry if the questions seem basic. Just trying to learn what I have to do (and avoid damaging my touch in the process). Thanks in advance!

K
  6. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    I'm not sure if they are saved once you sync but if you jailbreak 1.1.3 you can get the apps for free and the wiggle feature
  7. kanadian kevin

kanadian kevin New Member

Thanks Zink!

So the process for jailbreaking a native 1.1.3 Touch is the same as one that had been upgraded from an earlier version? Is there one procedure that's better than another (since I've come across several so far)?

Oh and what's the wiggle feature?