Will Unlock, what to do about monthly charges?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CloudS, Sep 23, 2010.

1. CloudS

CloudS Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I will be getting an iPhone. So, first of all please tell which model should I go for so that it could be unlocked surely.

I was browsing the Apple online store, when I clicked on Buy it ask to choose a monthly plan. Since, I will be unlocking what should I choose here? I don't want to pay them any monthly charges and neither do I want to get into any legal issues (like if I don't may them monthly, will they contact me?)

I am not an american but currently in US, so I just want to know how and where should I buy?

Actually I will be shipping the iphone after unlocking to Asia (I will not buy one in Asia, its too expensive) and that's why I am looking to buy a locked iphone for $299 or something and then unlocking it.

Thanks
  2. comps

comps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dont buy of apple.com
    buy it new of ebay.
  3. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Go take a little trip up north of the land of kids riding polar bears to schools and buy it from the Apple Store.

EDIT:
    Wait never mind, I didn't read the $299 part. Go find a cheap one of ebay.
  4. flashisflamable

flashisflamable New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I agree to buy off eBay. You can buy one that has already been jailbroken and unlocked, and of course, it won't have a monthly plan included.
  5. Dushma

Dushma New Member

6. Vegeta

Vegeta Banned

It doesn't even have apple as an option on that site lmao.
  7. ishey94

ishey94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you don't want a plan, but want a phone directly from apple then you must buy it out. This means that your purchase will not be subsidized by the carrier. This is not happening for $300.00. If you purchase one on a plan, and just refuse to pay it, then the American government will be waiting for you at the boarder next time you try to enter the U.S.A.

For your budget I would recommend checking out classifieds and eBay until you find a nice iPhone 3Gs for $300.00
  8. sinfulangle

sinfulangle Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Buy it from Ebay or off a mate.

If you buy it off Ebay and get it shipped locally in the US it could be FREE Shipping or Shipping at a very small price.