Will this work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ethiopian, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So basically, the only thing that's keeping me on ios4 is google suggestions built into safari. I love 4.0 safari, but everything else I hate very very much. Battery is dead quickly, a mess of features that slows my ram down to 8 megs just by doing relatively simple tasks. Plus 200 megs that could be used for music. So you might say just downgrade to the custom firmware. But those suggestions are really a treat. Anyways, log story short, I am wondering if I ssh into /Applications, copy the 4.0 safari (or mobileweb or something like that) onto my computer, downgrade to 3.1.2, then ssh back in there, put the 4.0 software back in, remove the 3.0 safari, set the permissions to what they need to be, and have some 4.0 safari without all the extra crap that kills my ram and my battery.

I'm gonna get your guys' opinions before trying this, but it should work, right? I mean, all mobileweb is is an .app folder, just like the other ones. Thanks in advance.
  2. Penile Infection

Penile Infection Banned

No that won't work, 3.1.2 wasn't built to have 4.0 safari in it, therefore it won't work. Simple as I can put it.
  3. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Should work, that's basically how you get game center without having a beta version. I say you should try it and if it works post a tutorial. Make sure you keep a copy of the 3.1.2 safari in case 4.0 safari is incompatible (or just restore).