Will this AC/USB charger work for my iTouch 2G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nintendork, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I will be taking the train down to West Palm Beach, Florida in a few weeks to visit my Aunt, Grandmom, and half-sister. Obviously my step-brother and I will be bringing our iTouches for the 24-hour ride. Since there are no computers on the train to charge our iTouch's to if need be, but there are outlets, I decided it might be a good idea to get a USB/AC charger so that my step-brother and I could charge our iTouches at the same time while on the train and despite having no access to USB ports.

The thing I'm worrying about is that as I was reading reviews for this product, I heard some people complaining about the device not being able to support the iTouch's "output voltage". I have no idea what that is all about, but I just want someone to tell me if this device will properly charge an iPod Touch of any size/gen?

Here is the product I'm looking at:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Music-Power-Duet-USB-AC-Charger-for-iPod-and-MP3-Players/5750794

Thanks.
  2. g0dless420

g0dless420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It should charge it no problem. I don't know a lot about the output voltage myself, but I have a similar device and it works fine. Just to be safe though perhaps you should make sure your iPods are in standby mode while charging, versus having them on while charging (unless you're just playing music maybe).

I've had no issues with mine under similar circumstances.
  3. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I see.