will they exchange my ipod touch 3g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by p1n0y_408, Jan 1, 2010.

1. p1n0y_408

p1n0y_408 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i've had my ipod 3g jailbroken 3.1.2 for at 2 months and the problem is, when you put pressure or press on the left corner of the screen... the screen goes in (you could see a lil bit of the inside)... by the way i bought it from best buy without any warranty... the ipod works perfectly.... it just bothers me... do you think they will replace it or refund???
    thanx
  2. Wiredbomb0

Wiredbomb0 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    From what I heard, every iPod comes with a 1 year 'return to hq' warranty.

To remove all traces of the Jailbreak, just 'restore' it from within iTunes. This will remove all traces, and so then Apple won't know that it's jailbroken.

They should either repair it or replace, it depends on them.
  3. perfectblunt

perfectblunt New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What Generation iTouch do you have? If it's the 3rd Gen. that came out in September then you should still be covered under Apple's 1 Year stand warranty. If not, and you did not purchase any kind of extended warranty, then you might be out of luck.

If you are covered: Un-Jailbreak your device BEFORE sending to Apple, if not..there is no chance at you getting it replaced or repaired.

If you are not covered: Just be careful w/ the device, if all is working well then your good to go. Or you can try to sell it to save up for one that is newer and covered.