Will there ever be Apollo for 1.1.4 with MSN

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by BadguinEater, Apr 2, 2008.

1. BadguinEater

BadguinEater New Member

I realize there's a "hosts" file you can d/l, but that only works on 1.1.2?
    Will we ever see the day where we can use such an amazing app on 1.1.4
  2. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    After wondering the same thing for a while I made the switch to mobileChat 2.23 which I am now extremely happy with. In my opinion it is better than the old Apollo. Of course... if a new Apollo does ever come out it may be miles ahead. Who knows.

But I seem to recall reading on the Apollo home page that they weren't really working on it anymore. Instead they are concentrating on something for the new firmware release in June. Unless I remember it wrong or am mixing it up with some other chat client.
  3. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The hosts fix still works, but i think you have to replace hosts in both Apollo and /etc or something.

MobileChat will not always co-operate with msn/hotmail so thats why I use Apollo.

Ofcourse if a new MobileChat or another new chat thingy comes out, I'll sure to use it if msn is compatible.
  4. Juni44ever

Juni44ever Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmm MobileChat has got some stupid keyboard bug, the to choose ( for eg ) the "z" you gotta press the "s", and for the "s" you need to press "w". Not really sure if you got it xD
  5. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm using mobileChat with 1.1.4 and MSN. Can't say that I have noticed any keyboard bugs but maybe I just haven't typed any of those letters yet. I haven't used it more than a few times so that is possible.

It did have a bug with the space bar and send button which went away when I disabled spelling correction with Kb2. Anyway, it's important to use the 2.23 version or later if it exists and not the older one which was in community sources.