iOS 4.0 Will there be an untethered jailbreak for MC?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by fearxunleashed, Jun 19, 2010.

1. fearxunleashed

fearxunleashed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I see that redsn0w will now work with the MC models (IPT 3rd generation 8gb is what im on, so really its 2g) but they say it is a tethered boot only (keep in mind its redsn0w beta only for now)

Will there be any untethered jailbreaks coming for the MC 2g/3g models?
  2. reddevilmaestro

reddevilmaestro Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    do you mean "will not work"? because from what I know, iPod Touch 3G 8GB MC model cannot be jailbroken with redsn0w as it has a newer bootrom than the 2nd gen 8GB.

I heard there will be a jailbreak once Apple releases the final iOS4.
  3. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What do you mean a tethered boot? tethered or something that my brain is too small to handle?
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nobody knows at the moment, it depends which exploit they use in the released jailbreak, they have a couple of them.

A tethered jailbreak is one where you cannot boot the iPod up unless you run the jailbreak program again. It goes into restore mode.
  5. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    A tethered boot is one that requires the iPhone to be booted using a computer.

And there will be an untethered one eventually, as there have been for every other model, it just takes some time.
  6. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    As far as I know, you cannot jailbreak the 3G 8GB yet on iOS 4. We must wait, just like we waited for Blackra1n then Spirit.
  7. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    They have an few exploits in the pipeline, and will release one when the iPhone 4 comes out. It will be untethered and with verbose boot, custom boot logos, the works. It will also have the ability to have multitasking and backgrounds on the 3g iPhone and 2g iPod.

Before you ask, they are waiting to release the jailbreak until after the iPhone 4 is out because that makes sure it is jailbroken forever, as a hardware exploit cannot be patched without new hardware, i.e. iPhone 5.
  8. TheMan11

TheMan11 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so will that post that this site when they release the untethered verison? because i accidentally updated to ios4 for my Ipod 2g 8GB MC model rite after i jailbroke it forgetting it would restore to the factory settings. I cannot wait for a jailbreak its killing me
  9. cutiepitutie

cutiepitutie New Member

hey, i have a 3gs iPhone MC model on 3.1.3 firmware. i used Spirit (untethered) to jailbreak and it works fabulous. i'm pretty sure the dev team just came out with a jailbreak for the ios4. sn0wbreeze i believe... google it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sn0wbreeze isn't made by any of the dev team. Its made by iH8sn0w, they simply made a pwnage tool esque program for windows. It uses the same exploits pwnage tool does, so cannot jailbreak MC devices