Will There Be a Public 4.0 Beta?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Disenchanted Danny, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Disenchanted Danny

Disenchanted Danny New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Like Windows Vista and 7, there were public beta trials.

Is Apple going to do this for OS 4?
  2. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    They haven't for any other beta that I can remember, so I'm going to say probably not, leaning towards definitely not. Sorry.
  3. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    Yes. It's called the final version.
  4. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    He asked a valid question, please don't be a jerk about it.
  5. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope, betas are only available to registered paid developers sorry. Or if you have a buddy that happens to be one, he can help you out.

On the plus side, it's almost summer and 4.0 is almost here.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hahaha, no. You're not funny.
  7. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Nope, I doubt there'll be a public 4.0 beta... We'll have to wait for the official, payware version to be released by mid-2010...
  8. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
  9. Max Peck

Max Peck Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I'm just looking forward to the released version. Looks good to me.

-Max
  10. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Microshaft had a really bad run over the past few OS's what with leaked editions before release candidates even got to the trials stages. There was the frankly dreadful Windows ME that was rushed out as they had far too many security breaches, and blue screen issues in the "Working" final release.

Even XP wasn't perfect in its first release, and has needed 3 service packs in its life, the first incarnation being a bit rushed as again betas kept flooding the internet, for anyone with a PC to try. Admittedly after nearly 10 years its still going strong, though MS are phasing out product support finally.

Then came Vista which MS have already announced they will be pulling the plug on for support very soon (the less said about those dark days the better). I have nothing but hate for the way Vista was released, I ended up throwing away a perfectly good laser printer, as 1 year after release I was still waiting for a driver so the printer would be recognised

So what with all the security leaks and breaches they really had no option to control the pre-releases and beta's by opening them up to the public. To be blunt they arguably haven't really made an OS that reliably worked first time out of the box since windows 3.1

But with the iPhone its a closed shop, you need to run everything through iTunes to even get an update, so its a lot easier to control who does and more importantly who does not get their hands on the beta product. I'll agree that with the right contacts you can get a copy installed. But from what I'm currently reading its not currently as slick as the Keynote lead us to believe, and still VERY buggy. Certainly not something you'd be wanting to install if it was your only device at the moment.

However as soon as I sync my iTouch and i get the message telling me I can upgrade, I like most folk with a 3rd gen will be clicking the "Upgrade me now, or sooner if possible" button immediately.