Will the rice method work in this situation?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by -tcq42-, Jan 24, 2009.

1. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure my iPod is completely fried. Some water got into it the other day while I was putting on the InvisibleSHIELD and somehow, the device was still on even though I remember turning it off right before I was going to install the shield.

So basically, I clean all the water off first and since I thought it wasn't on, I press the sleep button and find it weird that it was actually turned on. It felt fine at first but then when I went to play a song, there was no sound at all from the external speakers. So I get a little weary. I reboot and I get the same thing. Then I notice that a stain was on the lower part of the screen and I went, "OH f***ING sh*t!". Before I know it, the thing turns off completely and it won't turn back on again. It's been two days and still, no luck.

I'm pretty sure the rice method won't work in this situation, but it wouldn't hurt to try would it? I might be heading to the Apple store tomorrow to see if I can get a replacement (this will be my 4th, lol). The indicator in the headphone jack didn't change color, or from what I can tell. I'm still a little worried that they won't give me a new one since I have no good explanation other than, "it doesn't turn on and IDK WTF happened". Plus, can't they tell that it fried if they run a diagnostic? I mean, how many other ways can an iPod be completely busted?
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It wouldn't hurt to try the rice method. And other than the water indicator I don't think that Apple has any other ways of recognizing water damage. Good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. keyboarder

keyboarder Banned

i would give it a try. good luck.
  4. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Lol, sorry about your situation, but your post cracked me up.