Will the new iphone be jailbreakable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by azndude1, May 19, 2009.

1. azndude1

azndude1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a jailbroken Ipod Touch and I love it...

I'll be getting the new Iphone when it comes out (hopefully soon?)...

Will it be jailbreakable though?
  2. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    most likely there are several dev teams who devote tons of time to insuring that it will be
  3. azndude1

azndude1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    are dev teams like software engineers or just regular people? It'd be cool to learn how to do this stuff....
  4. ~raF

~raF Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As on the devteam blog: every ipod/iphone will be jailbreak-able xD
  5. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Hate to rain on your parade, but...

No, That's not true. If you had correctly quoted:

(http://blog.iphone-dev.org/page/2)

They mean that if you can jailbreak a specific iPod Touch/iPhone generation, it will always be Jailbreakable, regardless of Apple software updates. This is because of hardware-level exploits they need to find.
    Apple has no doubt found out 24kpwn etc. and has most probably corrected them. It will most likely take dev teams much longer to Jailbreak the third generation iPhone, >2G iPod Touches than it took the iPT2G to be Jailbroken.
  6. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It most likely will be, but how long it will take will depend on if the Dev teams are able to use their 24kpwn patch or if apple has patched it.
  7. Aodhan97

Aodhan97 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if the new iPhone has the ipt2g processor then yes if not they will how to find a new way
  8. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

theres a good chance it will be jailbroken. but as mentioned in previous posts, it will take longer to jailbreak due to Apple's smartnessnessnessness (jeez thats a mouthful).
  9. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No, it will not be able to be jailbroken, if Apple has ANY oversight at all, it will never be able to be jailbroken. One of the advantages of new hardware IMO.

I would NEVER jailbreak an iPhone. It offers few advantages on that front. It does offer advantages on the iPod.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    But, it is technically possible that we will get some rigged up jailbreak. I do think that they won't be able to do anything but tethered, with some rigged up dongle. Apple is smarter than that. They will have every hole closed, every oversight taken care of. Jailbreak will be impossible in a permanent manner, and it takes nothing at all for Apple to make the last OS version obsolete, so yea. You may get a tethered, firmware specific, but it'll be closed faster than you can think. I don't see any advantage. You have a productivity device in an iPhone, which it kills me that most people take it as otherwise. Gaming is primary on iPhones, when it is made for productivity. My use of an iPhone will be email and calendaring. I don't want to hear that that's boring, it's what it was MADE for. I'd be happy if 3rd party apps couldn't run on an iPhone.
  10. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dude wtf are you talking about? The new iPhone will be jailbreakable but it may take time. All software and hardware do have holes and expolitable things. As you can see, every single OS has some sort of exploit. There is no way that Apple can make any iPhone unjailbreakable. They cannot close every hole or exploit. And if there is a tethered firmware specific exploit, it will be temporary and Apple cant close it (unless they use their kill switch), use can always keep the same firmware and just use that. If Apple does use their kill switch then I can see a lot of outrage.