Will the 3G model be available in stores Friday

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nevadadrifter, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Nevadadrifter

Nevadadrifter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I've searched around and I keep finding conflicting reports. Most websites are saying that the 3G models will be available on April 30th, while others are reporting May 7th. I understand that those who preordered up until a few weeks ago will be having theirs delivered on Friday. But for those who have not already ordered one, or ordered after the cutoff date, will there be models available for in store purchase on Friday, be it at the Apple store or Best buy?

I'm guessing that it will probably depend on the number of models left over at any given store after the preorders have been filled.
  2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    Isnt there a shortage on 3g models? I think the only people getting them on friday are those who preordered. Will probably hit stores on may 7th
  3. Nevadadrifter

Nevadadrifter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I've seen stories both supporting and contradicting the April 30th "in-store" date. Truth be told, I still haven't made up my mind regarding the WiFi or 3G model. I have a 3GS, and in reality, will probably be able to do everything I NEED to do on the iPhone.

Just sitting here browsing multiple different forums for the pros/cons threads regarding the 3G v. WiFi debate.
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you have a 3GS. then you can just tether it to the iPad.
  5. Nevadadrifter

Nevadadrifter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Only if the 3GS is jailbroken, which mine isn't.