Will Steve Jobs allow me to have 2 ipods?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drslippyfist, Sep 13, 2009.

1. drslippyfist

drslippyfist Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm going to buy the 3g ipod and give my wife my 2g. I have some games that she like alot better than me and I would love to put them onto her ipod so she will stop borrowing mine. So I guess what I'm trying to ask is are there any step that I can take to switch most of the content of my 2g to my 3g but still leave some of the games and content for her to use. I am not against using the same itunes account if I have to. Also this will be all done on the same home network and computer. thanks for your help.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes, you can put your games, apps, music, etc. from your iTunes onto both iPods! And it's legal.
  3. drslippyfist

drslippyfist Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow that's pretty cool. What if I decide to sell it and I do a restore. Those games would still be available for me to put on another device and not availabe for whom ever buys mine, right?
  4. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    correct. as long as you de-authorize you ipod (a restore will do that for you) who ever buys it will not be able to use your apps. and you can put the same apps on up to 5 devices as long as they are all using the same account
  5. xX_Dog_Food_Xx

xX_Dog_Food_Xx New Member

Device:
    iPad
    lol steve jobs ... you dont talk to steve jobs. you only talk to Apple Associates. and yes you can take music videos photos apps etc. and put them on another ipod, just set the new one up using your current 2g itunes account.
  6. drslippyfist

drslippyfist Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Cool and not to be a pain but would I hit deauthorize before or after I do a restore. I'm not really sure of the exact steps. Thanks for your help guys. Steve wouldn't even answer my emails let alone my phone calls.
  7. mikeandike1994

mikeandike1994 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As long as that ipod is registered under your itunes account, you can go into the appstore on your ipod and dl all the apps you have on your old one for free.
  8. drslippyfist

drslippyfist Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You guys have been a huge help (way better than steve). But I just want to make it 100 pecent clear. Will I be able to have one app on 2 iPods as long as I do it all on the same computer with the same iTunes account.
  9. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yes you will be able to. the limit is 5 ipods or iphones
  10. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That's right

Please Register or Log in to view images