Will Rockbox work with U2 iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by Bl00dr4g3, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello,

Today, my qestion is, will rockbox work with the u2 special edition ipod??...to make things clear, there are to types, one that came out after the original one which is based of the fifth generation ipod, then the one i have which is the first. I have looked at the apple iPod generation page and since i dont have w9g at the end of my serial that means i have the first U2 special edition iPod. On the apple iPod generation page it says the first U2 iPod is a fourth gen. So i was thinking it would work but then i noticed my U2 has color and in the picture on the generation page it has no color. The paragraph about the U2 is located below. Thanks in Advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

iPod Special Edition U2
    The iPod Special Edition U2 is a standard iPod model with certain external differences including: Black plastic exterior, red Click Wheel, signatures of the U2 band members engraved on the back, and "iPod Special Edition U2" engraved on the back. The first model was based an iPod (Click Wheel) with a 20 GB hard drive. In June 2005 a new version of the iPod Special Edition U2 was introduced that was based on an iPod with color display Generation iPod . These are both also considered fourth generation iPod models. In June 2006, a new version of the iPod Special Edition U2 was introduced that is based on a Fifth Generation iPod (also known as iPod with video) with a 30 GB hard drive. In Sept 2006 a model based on the Fifth Generation iPod (30 GB Late 2006) was introduced. You can distinguish Fifth Generation U2 Special Edition iPod (Late 2006) from the Fifth Generation U2 Special Edition iPod by the last three digits of the serial number. The Fifth Generation U2 Special Edition iPod (30 GB Late 2006) serial number's last three digits are W9G

The picture is in the attachments, and THIS is the website

Attached Files:

2. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That iPod is essentially identical to a fourth generation iPod, which Rockbox supports.
  3. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Wish Rockbox supported my ipod classic..

Please Register or Log in to view images

weep!
  4. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch