Will paid apps dissapaire?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Reality2012, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Reality2012

Reality2012 New Member

hey.. couldnt find a smiliar thread..
    Ive bought apps for many dollars.. and now my 2.1 jailbroken 1st gen ipod touch has stuck on boot logo..
    Ive read through the stickied about that but I cannot do step1 since my ipod boot logo wont dim out, instead it will just reeboot each mayb e 5 min so it will not work.
    and I didn't enable ssh so method 2 wont work either..

and Theese payyed apps are only in my ipod, not itunes since I had not synced them... Will they dissapair if I restore my ipod now.. ?
  2. steve95

steve95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't think it will dissapear, it'll probably be in your Applications list on Itunes.
  3. ramez

ramez New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They will not dissapear, they are saved on itunes
  4. vanhalenfanrob

vanhalenfanrob New Member

does anyone read anymore?!?!?!?!? he said he hasnt synced with itunes so the apps arent in there

i would assume that once you do sync it will know which ones you paid for but wont download them because you didnt sync, you will have to remember what you had an redownload them manually

im not 100% sure
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

No, you DON'T. The only reason you'd want to remember them manually is to know what to remove from your sync list when the time comes to get them back - if the applications were purchased in the App Store, they get linked to your iTunes account - that's why it asks you for your iTunes username and password when you buy apps, if you haven't entered them into iTunes before.

The applications will remain purchased; all you have to do in iTunes is to "Check for Purchases" from the File menu and it'll download any applications or songs that you haven't downloaded to iTunes on the computer. After that, you can redownload them via the App Store on the iPod (in which case it'll know the money's been paid and will let you download for free) or you can sync them from iTunes.
  6. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    even if they do disappear another sync would pop them back.
  7. cainy

cainy New Member

im pretty sure once you have downloaded an app from the apps store you can redownload them for free, i only use the free apps though
  8. ramez

ramez New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you buy them from app store they transfer to itunes. So yes I do read.
  9. Skor

Skor New Member

He bought directly on his ipod. Think rather than read in this case I guess.
    Purchases from the apple store are associated with you apple store id, whether purchased on an apple device or on a computer, so if you log in with the same apple id it will not charge you for re-downloading apps.
    LOL@Dissapaire
  10. vanhalenfanrob

vanhalenfanrob New Member

even if he bought them using the ipod and never synced????