Will next years sdk produce real games?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by PCKid, Dec 15, 2007.

1. PCKid

PCKid New Member

I know everyone is going to slam me for this but really block moving games, diddly card games etc are not really what the Touch is capable of. I would imaging it's got a pretty good processor and the screen resolution is good and so is the sound. Surely the game companies will be able to make 21st. century type games for this machine like the PSP has. Ok for tear jerking nostalgia the NES and ScummVM is pretty good and all hail to the programmers who get them working on the Touch. But I would hope by the middle of next year we've got some worthy up to date games to make this a really rounded system.
  2. soupdude551

soupdude551 New Member

we can only hope so
  3. FlashiPod4Free

FlashiPod4Free New Member

Anything is possible. It's all up to the developers. With the SDK they can create ANYTHING! (as long as the iPod supports it)
  4. midiman6

midiman6 New Member

Let's just hope that the SDK isn't only for developers approved by apple, and let's also hope that Apple doesn't pull a b*tch move and require the developers to only be able to distribute the software through a secure iTunes transaction or other nonsense.
  5. marvo

marvo New Member

In order to prevent malicious software from reaching iphones and ipods, apple will have to do some things that people wont like. Apple will most likely have to approve the applications for distribution and will most likely have them distributed through itunes or something.
  6. Will4042

Will4042 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    it will only be a matter of time until that digital signing program is cracked
  7. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

this is complete bs
    i have a hacked ipod
    i'm not getting viruses
    if your not stupid you wont get infected

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. ska752

ska752 New Member

But most people are stupid, a girl in my class had an ipod touch and I asked her if it was a 8gb or 16gb she had to look on the BACK OF THE IPOD!

My point is not all people can hack something correctly or take the time to do it the right way so if apple adds a software section to itunes I wouldn't be surprised.
  9. jmccnz

jmccnz New Member

This is quite likely possible but remember, the more complex the game the more battery that is drained playing it.
  10. Will4042

Will4042 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    only time will tell