Will new ipt4 be able to play iphone games?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by autumn_leaf, Sep 14, 2010.

1. autumn_leaf

autumn_leaf New Member

I was reviewing all the apps for the ipod/phone and came upon appcraver's reviews. saw some games i would definitely want like real racing hd and assassin's creed. The iphone costs too much so i'm wondering with the upgrade in hardware would the ipt4 be able to play these games? are they even able to be dl'ed by the ipod touch?
  2. Matt_Maggots

Matt_Maggots Banned

Of course it will be able to play the same games. It can't play Real Racing HD though, that's an iPad app. All HD apps are for the iPad, you should keep that in mind.
  3. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    the ipod touch has always been able to play iphone games (i mean it's marketed as a gaming device innit)

so, yes and yes
  4. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yes, but not iPad designed games though.
  5. autumn_leaf

autumn_leaf New Member

okay, well the one on the appcraver review doesn't say hd next to it. only saw it when i was looking up the game specifically. so i guess i would be able to play it.

thank you =)

just thought some games need high reqs. to play them like on computers. would make sense that if a game needed a faster processor or more ram it wouldn't be able to play on hardware that doesn't meet the reqs.
  6. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    you can use any iphone game as longas it has been designed for use with the touch too. just double check before buyinga game to make sure its compatible. remember, if you cant find it on your ipod's app sotre app, its not for your ipod.
  7. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    yeah i get you, but as far as i know there's never been a game that worked on the newest iphone that didn't at least run on the newest ipod touch (i'm talking performance wise, not like with espgaluda 2 where they accidentally made it compatible with the iphone only for a few weeks)