Will Macbook pro run GTA IV?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by MrCrawley, Dec 8, 2008.

1. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

hey there, i just got a macbook pro (early 2008) it haz 2.4 Ghz, 2 gb of RAM a Gforce 8600 with 256mb will it run Grand theft auto IV if i Install Vista with Bootcamp? Do you know if there's a Mac version coming out? (of GTA)
    Thanks in advance to all you
  2. 101gfx

101gfx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    NOTHING can run GTAIV. Its horribly buggy, some have said that its more inefficient than crysis.
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I just saw the system requirements and they are ATROCIOUS. How do you go from 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo minimum to 2.4 GHz Quad for recommended?! And from 10 GB HDD to 16 GB HDD?!
  4. Reilly

Reilly New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm running GTA4 on my MBP 3.1 (2.4 GHz, 2GB, 8600) at 1024x7?? and I can play it quite good (around 25 fps). the only thing I had to do was downloading newer nvidia drivers (180.70) from laptopvideo2go.com (you have to download a modded file too to get them working; everything is explained there) because the one provided with bootcamp 2.1 are really slow
  5. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

ok thanks a lot, i will buy it and get the drivers. I hope they would release a Mac/Win version

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Reilly

Reilly New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    rockstar will not release a Mac version

but maybe a mac porter like Aspyr or so will be interested to make a port. after all they can make a lot of money with it.

anyway, I hope the new patch will improve the overall speed so I can play in higher resolutions.

btw. gta 4 has no AA so it looks a bit ugly at 1024. but the story is more important for me than the gfx
  7. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

ZMFG im a total n00b at this

i just understood until the higher resolution patch.
    What does the AA means? also are you using vista or XP? BTW if i understood its playble true? i'm looking forward to get XP in Service pack 3 in my macbook pro. then install this what do you think or i should get vista? thanks for everything
  8. Reilly

Reilly New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    AA is anti aliasing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti_aliasing
    I'm using xp sp3 and a lot of people write that it's running a bit better on xp

yeah, it's playable but like I wrote the gfx are not perfect and you'll need to tweak the settings. also 1024 makes the whole things a bit "grainy".

you might consider installing a no-dvd-crack cause the securom check slows the whole game down a bit (about 1 fps).

oh, and maybe you should wait till the patch comes out. Should be out in a few days. I can test it and report back how it works.

btw. you should be able to find all informations about gta 4 on this forum: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showforum=240 they have info about everything. issues, tweaking, ...
  9. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

Thanx a lot man, right now i'm trying to make a lightweight XP with nLite (using SP3) to install on bootcamp. if you get the patch i would love if you're able to say me if it's better working! thanks a lot
  10. Arnaraks

Arnaraks New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    will it run on Windows 7?