Will jailbreak ever be fast, nay, as fast as non JB?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by ellanceo, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ellanceo

ellanceo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've been jailbreaking ever since I bought my iPod Touch, but ever since 2.0, it is SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW.

I cannot stress that enough. Opening preferences takes 3-5 seconds, usually 5. Opening Safari takes about as long, along with any of the apps that come with it by default.

Actually now that I think about it, ALL apps take about 5 seconds, sometimes more just to OPEN.

What the hell is that all about? 1.1.4 JB wasn't like that as far as I remember.

And yes, I do have TWO Winterboard themes in use, but this has been happening ever since it was a FRESH Jailbreak.

So is there a solution to this? Or am I just supossed to go back to lame-ass apple's way of doing things? I love my jailbreak, but I hate having to wait forever just to connect to wifi. I mean, COME ON.

Any help/comments are appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    2.1 is better than all of them. Try it!
  3. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

I have the same problem. It takes me 7 seconds to load preferences and half of the time it crashes. When play Asphalt 4 on a non-JB I hardly ever have some famerate problems once I jailbreak it's a horrible problem. I've tried several times and I always get the same results.
  4. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you tried 2.1? It is fairly quick, I haven't noticed any app taking forever to open, and none of them have ever crashed on me.
  5. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

I'm on 2.1 and I'm guessing that he is since he is in the 2.1 section. I'm selling mine to get a new one so I need to get used to not being jailbroken anyways.
  6. 1337noob

1337noob New Member

I don't know if mine is slower, as I didn't even play around with it before being jail broken (Just got it today)

Pwnage Tool FTW!

7. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I jailbroke about a week ago. No winterboard.
    At first everything was fine.

Over the past week everything started slowing down, with even lag in the music player. Resetting would help for a short while.

I started to uninstall programs via Cydia. As I uninstalled one program, I got an error notice and was told to reboot. The unit then became locked at the Apple logo.

The only way for me to proceed was to go into DFU and restore.

I'm giving up on Jailbreaking, clean 2.1 is good enough.
  8. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Dude wtf you must have a whacked out iPod xD
    My iPod runs perfect,
    and my iPhone runs MORE perfect.
    Dude, things are sweet.
  9. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I'm happily restored back to my snappy, "clean" un-JB 2.1.
    Maybe I'll try again in the future if a new method of JB is developed that doesn't harm stability or performance.

I don't know what all of those people out there who claim that JB 2.1 works great are doing, I suspect that they reset their units once or twice a day to avoid problems.

To me it was clear as day that JB had adverse effects. Even of you say, its not the JB but the f-ked up applications you install, it doesn't matter. For if the pwned unit provides no safegaurds against screwy programs that mess up the OS, that is a step backwords, in comparison to the clean OS and the app store. Maybe Apple's rules have a good side to them.... (NO I DON"T WORK FOR APPLE!!)
  10. Mythul

Mythul New Member

You guys are funny, jailbreaking gives you themes stacks customization emulators and did i mention free apps ?

aaa and it also gives very helpfull tweaks like 5 icon dock, disable auto-correction.