Will jailbreak data transfer to new iTouch?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by justonesp00lturn, Jul 17, 2010.

1. justonesp00lturn

justonesp00lturn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Sorry if this has been asked before, or if this is the wrong forum for it (I'm not as active on this site as a lot of you are.) But I did a few searches and didn't find the info, and the similar threads don't seem to address it, either.

I had a first-gen ipod touch, and it was jailbroken. I just got a new iPod Touch, 3rd generation.

I had the first gen device jailbroken for two main reasons:
    1. Simple things like having a background image
    2. The home button was broken... i.e. jailbreaking saved my musical/app life.

Needless to say, I no longer need jailbreaking for these things alone.

That said, I don't want this device to be jailbroken, at the very least not while it's still under warranty.

So what I'm wondering is this:
    I plugged in the new ipod, and selected "restore from previous backup." So it restored much of my data. But then I got to wondering if that means any data related to jailbreaking was transferred to the device, and if so, how can I get rid of it? Is there any chance that I've already voided my warranty or that Apple will refuse if I need to take the device in? Should I restore it to factory settings and then sync it rather than restoring from backup?

Basically, I just don't want there to be any sign of jailbreaking on this device. I'm not too incredibly tech-savvy; I assume I'm probably in the clear as long as I don't jailbreak further, but I'd like confirmation from someone who actually knows for sure; I figure you fine folks probably know the answer.

Thanks for your time, and again, apologies if this has been addressed or is in the wrong forum.
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It may retain some things like background images and posibly battery percentage, I would set up as a new iPod if I were you. This thread should be in jailbroken ipod touch/iphone.
  3. TouchiPod

TouchiPod Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    set up as new ipod
  4. justonesp00lturn

justonesp00lturn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Sorry, if it's in the wrong place.
    Well, that sounds like the better option, then. I already selected restore from backup, though. I was unfortunately too dumb to ask first and then try it. Any way I can go back from here? Should I just do a factory restore, or what?
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    yeah factory restore.
  6. justonesp00lturn

justonesp00lturn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Okay. I'll factory restore, and then it should ask if I want to set it up as a new iPod again?
    Sorry for all of the questions, haha. I'm not very tech-savvy to begin with, but especially when it comes to Apple stuff.
    So how does that whole thing work, anyway? Some jailbroken apps and things, I thought they sort of did a behind the scenes sync with iTunes? If that's the case, wouldn't it just put those things onto my new ipod as soon as I sync it to my library? Or does it not work like that?
    Thanks for all the help, by the way.

Edit: Okay, I set it up as a new iPod, but now all of my app data is gone. Is there any way to keep my app data, but still not have any sign of jailbreaking on my device?