Will it ever happen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FaTaNDY, Oct 7, 2009.

1. FaTaNDY

FaTaNDY New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay I'm new to this whole jailbreaking stuff and I have an 8gb Ipod Touch 3g and I've already updated to 3.1.1. I heard that once you update past 3.0 you can't ever jail break it or something? Is this true? On top of that will the 3rd gen ever be jailbreak-able even with the 3.1.1?

I'm sorry if I sound totally stupid I'm not familiar with any of this stuff.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iMaztrr

iMaztrr Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    First of all there is no iPod Touch 3G 8 gig. that is an updated 2g 8 gig. If your iPod Touch came with OTB (out of the box) 3.1(.1) then you cannot jailbreak it. However, if it did not come with 3.1(.1) OTB then you can downgrade jailbreak then update. More info here.
  3. tipnerdz

tipnerdz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wait until a tool like RedSn0w and you could jailbreak it easily w/o restoring anything. Just put it in DFU and start the jailbreak while you already have 3.1.1 ! it will work either on Mac and Windows. Hopes are all in Dev Team

Gonna be launched soon. Expect before November

Or maybe another tool from another team. Just watch them...

iH8snow
    Chronic Dev
    Geohot
  4. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Your new 8GB touch is just a newer revision of the 2G but just comes preloaded with 3.1 firmware. Which means you couldn't jailbreak from day one. Just wait for Geohot to release his tool in the next few days then you'd be able to jailbreak till your heart is content.
  5. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Blackra1n, [PIRACY]ha1l and Greenpois0n will all support 3.1 OTB (out of the box) on all devices.

As above, just gotta wait for one to be released, Blackra1n is tipped for a release tommorow, [PIRACY]ha1l for Sunday