Will IS: help cover any EXSTING scratches? Plus a case Q

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by digitalduck, Jun 3, 2009.

1. digitalduck

digitalduck Member

Hi guys, ok my Ipod touch 2g has a small scratch on it that is a couple cm long almost 3/8" which isn't that bad except when i play the sims and have a white background etc then it shines through and has a black shadow.

My Q is this: will having an IS help diminish the appearance of the scratch that is already there? I know it will protect against new ones, but what about helping mask the existing one? Im thinking maybe no because it is coming from the light onto the glass, which the IS wouldn't help for that...but I dont know..either way ill get an IS but was just wondering.

Thanks guys..

Alsxo some case questions... ive tried Incase slider, dlo soft shell and speck fitted...

the incase felt so slippery (black one) that it wouldn't work

the fitted was peeling and i had a super accident with it...haha

and the dlo is now too big since i used to have my 1g in it..

So im looking at other speck ones or the flick or something... i just need something that has a good grip but at the same time isn't too big... any ideas?

Thanks
  2. Vampiric__Lover

Vampiric__Lover Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well if im reading it right.. IS stands for invisble shield correct?? well i have bought one for my ipod touch... and amazing.. on the back of mine.. there are scratches but.. with the invisible shield on it... they are not nearly as noticible idk about on your screen if it will fix that... but it could make it less visible from what it looks like on the back of mine.. as for a case i have this one and its actually 3 peices.. i'll edit this post when i can get home and find the name of it... but with the invisible shield on the ipod... this case fits really tight... and is really actually a good case.. I'll try and maybe add a pic of it to when i get home... its never felt slippery or anything... i've dropped my ipod a few times.. and its kinda dinged.. but thats about all.. hope this helps..
  3. digitalduck

digitalduck Member

Thanks Vampiric.. you'r enot talking about the Neotouch or Rebel are you?
  4. mnewmansnow

mnewmansnow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the RebelTouch and I like it a lot. I'm not sure if it will fit with the invisible shield though. The RebelTouch has a snug fit so it may not fit with an invisible shield on the back, but maybe if you only have one on the front it will.

As for covering up the pre-existing scratches with the invisible shield, it could possibly cover them up, but i do know that regular screen protectors don't.