Will iQuiz ever come to the iPhone/ iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by PetaB, Aug 9, 2008.

1. PetaB

PetaB New Member

Do you think Apple will make a music quiz game, like iQuiz, for the iPhone/iPod Touch? I hope so cuz the game was really fun.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Naughty_Ottsel

Naughty_Ottsel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Apple would have to make it as it is impossible to access the iPhone/iTouch's music. But I doubt Apple will as they mainly focus on applications not games
  3. Dave C

Dave C New Member

Dunno about that, but there is a new app called Trivial Pop Culture. Does have some music questions though not based on the music you have on your device..
  4. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    :O I would love to see this

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oh and millionare!
  5. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ultimate fail on Apple's part: the strict set of rules that don't allow your app to access/modify the Springboard, Music Player, etc. As far as I see it, as long as they test the apps that do these things, it would be great to have them.

But if Apple started producing games and customization options that would be awesome.
  6. HezO

HezO New Member

yslmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  7. sk8terboy809

sk8terboy809 New Member

I am guessing and hopeing that they will....!!
  8. iamtherealandy

iamtherealandy Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I realize this is a reply to a long abandoned thread but I too miss iQuiz. I actually still use my fifth gen iPod simply to enjoy this great game. It has many "game show effects" that have been un-attempted by any other quiz program. It has a game show girl. She is excited when you win and disappointed when you lose.

iQuiz also allows one to create their own quizzes and share them online. With graphics. Users can put a lot of effort into these free "published" quizzes and many of them are very good.

My theory about why this game has not made it to the App Store is this: Why offer one great .99cent app when you can host dozens of quiz apps on different topics and charge for each of them? Apple is aware that iQuiz is versatile and has a following of people creating free quizzes. I think they have found this sort of user participation not as profitable as a bunch a smaller companies competing with one another in the for profit market.

Apples vision of this kills the crowd sourcing and open source aspects built into the original iQuiz.

It's a real pity. iQuiz is a tremendous app. All of you with 5th Gens and classics sitting around should get it, if it is still available.
  9. O0Justin0O

O0Justin0O Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Search Music Quiz! in the app store it is free and sounds like what your looking for.