Will I lose my jailbreak if i upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jellyalmighty, Apr 12, 2010.

1. jellyalmighty

jellyalmighty New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well there's going to be a new untethered jailbreak for 3.1.3 at the end of the month and i was just wondering if i can update to 3.1.3 and THEN jailbreak it. Cuz i would like better accuracy of the battery meter xD
    will i lose all my dl'ed apps and the jailbreak and cydia apps as well? Or will they appear again after i jailbreak? Thanks

(I have 32gb ipod touch MC 3g, 3.1.2, pwned by blackrain.)

One more question, can i upgrade to itunes 9.1? has anyone had trouble syncing blackrained ipod/iphone to itunes 9.1? Please tell me if you know how to fix it cuz they said blackbreeze isnt working. I don't want to be unable to sync my ipod after i upgrade itunes.

EDIT:
    Is there any way to upgrade from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 without losing my jailbreak then after new jailbreak has been released?

ANOTHER EDIT:
    I'm meaning like cuz i want to upgrade to 3.1.3 (don't ask why, or say there's no point. I just want to upgrade), can i just update from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 and then jailbreak with the new jailbreak (when it comes out)? Will upgrading to 3.1.3 delete all my cydia stuff?

UPDATE. AGAIN.:
    i want to upgrade to 3.1.3 because I want more accurate battery percentage

Please Register or Log in to view images

i want to upgrade to itunes 9.1 because i think it'll fix my genius playlists. i can't create them. i've tried everything.
  2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    9.1 is fine. And you lose all your jailbreak information when you upgrade to 3.1.3
  3. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you really do NOT need to update to 3.1.3...it offers no real improvements over 3.1.2.

Forget 3.1.3, unless an untethered JB is released for it (which i highly doubt it will be), its seriously not worth the upgrade.
  4. geeza23

geeza23 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i was just wondering if say he did upgrade and then a jb is released would his stuff be possible to restore?
  5. yiday

yiday New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    why want to upgrade?