Will I lose my apps if I sync?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by crjf212, Jun 28, 2010.

1. crjf212

crjf212 New Member

I have a jailbroken first generation Ipod touch, version 1.1.2. I had been running an old version of itunes, but I had to reinstall itunes and so now I have version 9.1.1.12. It has synched up a few times, and I havent lost any of my apps. However, I downloaded a few new apps from the itunes store and want to get those on my ipod. Although my they were there in my itunes, they did not transfer to my ipod when it synched. I am hesitant to push the issue for fear of losing all the apps I already have on my ipod. Can I get the new apps onto my ipod without losing what I already have (I did not get my older apps off itunes) and if I can, how do I do it? Thanks!
  2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Since you're on 1.1.2, I'm going to assume the apps you already have on your iPod are jailbreak applications. In order to run apps from the iTunes Store, you need to update your firmware to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, and apps from 1.1.x will not run on 3.x firmwares, so yes, you will lose them. However, most, if not all, jailbreak apps from 1.1.2 have newer versions either in Cydia or the App Store.
  3. Goblom10

Goblom10 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why do you have firmware 1.1.2 anyways?.. do you never use your computer? if you want to keep you cydia apps you have to go to cydia and get RockApp of apt backup personally i like Rock App because i know it will work. With Rock you must create a account once done go to settings in Rock and scroll down till you see backup apps click that and once you do you can get all that you have downloaded off of cydia/rock/installer. Update -> re-jailbreak -> cydia -> download RockApp -> loginto rockapp -> restore all packackes