Will I get charged for 2.0 update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by V-rok, Jul 22, 2008.

1. V-rok

V-rok New Member

I have not yet updated but I was about to today. I connected my Ipod to Itunes and I got a message saying that an update was available. Itunes did not offer me 1.5 (i have 1.4) but it offered me 2.0. I am logged out of my itunes account but I selected update and the file started downloading and then I was asked if I wanted to install the update. I was never once asked to sign it. If I install it will I get charged when I sign in? I have every intention of paying for it but I can pay for it until this friday when I get my allowance.

i hope no one thinks I started a pirating thread because that was not my intention. I dont want to steal the software.
  2. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

Well I don't know if this is still availible, but for me I just pressed restore and it upgraded me to 2.0 automatically for free.

BTW, if thats not okay to say (even though there are quite a few threads saying what I just wrote), feel free to tell me or mods remove the text.
  3. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't think you will. Let what happen, happen. I'm glad to see I'm not the only non pirater on this forum
  4. kridix

kridix Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No you won't get charged. Even if you click restore it will put 2.0 on your iPod for free... That's what my friend did...after I payed for mine... >_<
  5. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That doesn't always work. Some people get 1.1.5 I believe