Will I get an updated iPod back from Apple?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheDonKills, Jul 9, 2010.

1. TheDonKills

TheDonKills Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've just gave in my iPod because of a useless home button and they've told me I'd get it back within a week or 10 days. My question is that if I get a new iPod from them if they can't fix it, will it be preloaded with iOS4 or the same version as when I bought it (3.1.3)?
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Probably 3.1.3.

Either way, you can easily upgrade via iTunes. It's free.
  3. TheDonKills

TheDonKills Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The thing is that I don't want to update, I want to keep it jailbroken on 3.1.3 with Spirit if I get it on 3.1.3. I hate the iOS4 as it can't be jailbroken.
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ah, ok I see.

Yeah, I think you'll be safe. They will probably just send you a new ('refurbished') iPod. And as far as I know, no new iPod touch 3G has iOS4 installed already. You have to manually upgrade it yourself. So you should be OK.
  5. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hum false... I sent my touch to have a battery check and had it back on 4.0... They even told me by e-mail: your ipod will be updated to the latest version=4.0. Sorry bro!
  6. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    ouch! it depends if they want to or not update your iphone/ipod, but most likely they will update to ios4. apple create firmwares and let developers test them out. so they are the only ones who knows how to downgrade to any firmware without having issues with itunes.
  7. TheDonKills

TheDonKills Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The problem was that it was an update issue as I told them because my home button was working before when I had it on 3.1.3. They also categorized it in: iPod + iTunes - iPod OS Update. I'm already getting a replacement but I don't know whether it'll be an MC Model updated or a regular model.
  8. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Just remember 8gb can downgrade without shsh with 2nd gen firmware
  9. TheDonKills

TheDonKills Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I tried downgrading to both firmwares, and I quit trying to do it after a while.
  10. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    raxater:
    You had a battery check, not a repair or refurb replacement.

---

Look at this way, iOS4.0 was released.... a good at least 10-20 days ago.
    Do you really think Apple will go through every refurb they have, and update them?

OP:
    If your iPod is replaced with a refurb, chances are you'll get an iPod on 3.1.3.

If it is REPAIRED, I would think Apple will turn it on, give it a few tests, hook it up, and update it.

However if it's a refurb, they toss a refurb box into an envelope, and send it off.

~~

Had my iPod replaced, sent it in for a a defective screen (could press the digitizer into the bezel, quite a bit, and a stuck sleep button). Received a 3.1.3 in return, updated to iOS4.0 to give it a try, apparently my SHSH blobs weren't working correctly, stuck on iOS4.0, and wanted to jailbreak. Went into the store in my local mall, had them look at it (claim a few issues), and had a 3.1.3 refurb in my hands about 5 minutes later.