will i be charged??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dle24, Mar 1, 2009.

1. dle24

dle24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Using an iphone 3g currently with t-mobile. I was wondering im using wifi right now from my home's wifi but will it charge to my phone bill because my friend called me up and told me he got a 800 dollar bill for using his home wifi on his iphone 3g. By the way I have edge and the 3g turned off in sbsettings plus it says data ip address N/A. I would assume that what's is used to charge you if it was using the data from a phone network. Please someone clarify this for me. I don't want to end up like my friend here. Thank you
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    No of course not. Your home Wi-Fi is what you pay for monthly through your ISP. You're simply connecting your iPhone 3G to it just like you would a PS3, XBOX 360 or a laptop. You can use your Wi-Fi with whatever you would like (eg. your iPhone 3G) as long as you pay your monthly bill.
  3. dle24

dle24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Oh ok that cleared it up for me thanks kiks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

about that 800 dollar bill, im guessing he doesnt have a data plan and uses his 3g / edge internet occasionally. it doesnt take much to rack up your bill w/o data coverage.
  6. dle24

dle24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No he doesn't have a data plan, but he told me he turned off the 3g and data roaming settings, but I told him if he turned off his edge but he said he didnt know what that was. I think that the edge setting was on so it just automatically used data without him knowing and he was using the wifi for weeks. Anyone think this statement might be correct?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    No he doesn't have a data plan, but he told me he turned off the 3g and data roaming settings, but I told him if he turned off his edge but he said he didnt know what that was. I think that the edge setting was on so it just automatically used data without him knowing and he was using the wifi for weeks. Anyone think this statement might be correct?