Will I Be Able To Do This?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amandureja, Jul 15, 2010.

1. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay, so i have just read that the new iPod Touch will include FaceTime and a camera. If this is true, in September, when the new iPod comes out, can i trade in this current iPod towards the purchase of the new one? Note: i cannot return this one, as i bought in november 09, so the return period is over.

I have an iPod Touch third generation - 32GB
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You can't trade your old stuff with apple!!
    And those things are only rumors!
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You can't trade it with Apple. But you can sell it through eBay or something then pay a bit more for the new one.
  4. piplipa

piplipa New Member

Sorry my friend, Apple doesn't allow trades, which is a complete and udder bummer. Like ChrisL said, you could always sell it on eBay or Craigslist to make some money towards the new one, but you probably already knew that.
    Anywho, if the iOS 4.1 rumored camera comes out, that should be a while from now, so you have time to save some money.
  5. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for your replies everyone. But since I bought this from Costco, will I be able to trade it in at COSTCO to get a new one and pay a little bit more? Because once the new models are announced, the price for the previous models susbstantially drops for selling.
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well I believe Costco has a 90-day return policy, no questions asked. Other then that, I don't know. You'll have to check with Costco. But again, I'm pretty sure they won't allow you to trade it with them. I mean, no store actually does that. Plus, selling it on eBay/craigslist is basically the same thing.
  7. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    If apple just throw in a camera, and no other features - then keep the 3rd gen, buy a proper camera with higher megapixels! However people said there were camera rumuors last year, so dont get your hopes up!
  8. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

People prefer to have 1 device in their pocket than 2, and you can't videocall/facetime on a camera can you? I would rather prefer my phone's 3mp camera than having both my phone and a camera on me...

Anyway, Just sell it on ebay. And find the extra money for the new 4G when released