iOS 4.1 Will HDR Work on iPod Touch 4G?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Relapse, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Relapse

Relapse Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I wanted to know since it basically has a camera and every other camera iDevice model can do it so why not iPod Touch 4G? Can we edit the .plist file on it and enable HDR? Have any exploiters/jailbreakers found out if this is possible yet? Just a few of tgese questions ran through my mind wondering if you guys could answer, Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

personally, given the sensor and the .7 mp rating, i dont think so, in comparison to the iphones' camera that is.

off topic: today i was taking some pictures with the camera on the ipod touch and the photos turned out pretty good in my opinion. at least they looked pretty good on the device itself, didnt transfer to a PC yet.
  3. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  4. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

yeah a buddy of mine tried TrueHDR but doesnt compare to what it would be like on the iphone4 he says.
  5. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That's weird. Everyone says that True HDR on their iP4 gives them better results than the native HDR..
  6. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

ohhh, no i meant when TrueHDR is used on the ipod touch vs the iphone; the app on the iphone provides much better results than it would if TrueHDR was ran on the touch.
  7. Wintertears

Wintertears Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    From what I understand, TrueHDR merely adjust the settings contrast, brightness etc. to achive the HDR look. While the native HDR in the Iphone, actually takes consecutive photos and then stitches them together, to give you the HDR look.

So, I'm guessing the reason the ipodtouch4 doesn't have the native hdr, is because it can't take the pictures fast enough. But TrueHdr will work since it merely adjusts the settings.
  8. Relapse

Relapse Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks, guys. You guys have answered my question for the moment, I'll see if I can get my hands on that app. But as soon as I'll be able to jailbreak, I'll see what I can fiddle around with in the .plist files.

Thanks, once again.

9. vistafan23

vistafan23 New Member

Please tell me!

i am getting the ipod touch 4g 64gb model after ios 4.2 comes out. im probrobly going to jailbreak it with shatter, and i really want hdr. my assumption is that hdr for the ipod touch will come with ios 4.2, but i cant be to sure. so, i will be jailbroken, and i really want to be notified of any plist tweaks that can get me the hdr photograpy. so please email me at vistafan23@gmail.com, with anyy progress reports. thank you!

10. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Actually true HDR takes 3 consecutive photos and stitches them together ( thus it's called TRUE hdr). It's not super fast though( takes around 2-3 seconds to take all 3 pics.