Will Greenpoison slow my ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lazer155, Oct 18, 2010.

1. lazer155

lazer155 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm debating whether or not to jailbreak my ipod touch 4th gen. I had a 3rd gen but never jailbroke it. Have any of you who jailbroke yours using greenpoison had any problems with it slowing your ipod down? I've heard that sometimes jailbreaks slow the ipod down and reduce battery life. Have any of you had any of these problems or any problems in general? Also is there any chance that it would brick and be unfixable?
  2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    It's what you install/do AFTER the jailbreak
    It would be reall hard to brick your ipod
  3. lazer155

lazer155 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I see so the problems come from running buggy apps? If it did brick could it be fixed with DFU mode? Also is greenpoison using the exploit that allows you to be jailbroken for life and even accept updates from apple?
  4. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    It's almost impossible to brick your iPod, unless you do something incredibly stupid.
  5. XxRedRumxX

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    If your iPods bricked it's bricked and you will have a new coaster (as what the people say about psp's

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
    And Yes it makes your iPod pwnd4life.
  6. lazer155

lazer155 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Even if you use DFU mode? I thought you could restore a bricked ipod by putting it in DFU mode.
  7. XxRedRumxX

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    What does a brick do??
    Nothing!
    So if your iPods bricked you can't use it as a iPod anymore (unless you send it in to get fixed)
  8. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You CAN NOT brick an iPod through Software means, this is because you can't modify the Bootrom, which ALWAYS lets you restore.

If you, say, HARDWARE bricked it (eg dropped it or spilled water in it), then it may be toast.
  9. ElectroBeijing

ElectroBeijing Well-Known Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Well, I have a 2g IPT running 3.1.3, and it is not slowed down. Now, when I upgraded and enabled multitasking, that slowed it down quite a bit, which is why I downgraded; but since you have the 4g, I don't think yours should slow down, unless you use those moving backgrounds or something.
  10. lazer155

lazer155 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah that's what I mean. Is it possible to brick it through software? I read that by putting the ipod in DFU mode you can fix bricked software because, like you said you, you can't modify the bootrom. Is this incorrect information? I used to have a psp which I accidentally bricked but was able to re-flash with new software and get it working again.