Will everything be deleted after updating??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iTouch_PR_14, Oct 18, 2009.

1. iTouch_PR_14

iTouch_PR_14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    OK, so im on a pc and I have my iPhone 2G on 3.0.1 unlocked and jailbroken w/ redsn0w. I want to upgrade to 3.1 but iTunes only lets me update to 3.1.2and I cant do it cause it doesnt have an unlock for Windows yet. So I downloaded the official 3.1 update. How can I update and then unlock/jailbreak w/out losing my data?? Or at least all my music?? Thanx in advance...
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Basically you can't.....

You can create a backup before updating it but that will not save your music. You will have to resync your music after an update (assuming it is on your computer).

You might be able to find a 2G custom firmware and could restore to that but that is all dependent on finding a usable firmware.
  3. iTouch_PR_14

iTouch_PR_14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    ooh well, ill just put the music back later. Also, ders this other problem muuch more serious I've been having with my iphone. Since I upgraded from 2.2.1, the iphones is constantly over-heating, some friends even say "turn it off it might explode" it gets waayy to hot I cant even put it in my ear to listen to calls cause it burns me. And also, it drains battery without me doing anything. right now Im not using it as a phone cause I removed the sim im using another phone and the iphone is ok, no over heatin and the battery is ok. But yesturday the battery decreased without me using it and it was really hot, and I didnt use at all. What could this be??
  4. rex450se

rex450se Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Find a custom firmware on Youtube or find a friend with a Mac to make one for you. Then you can update to 3.1.2. Any time you restore you will lose everything and have to re-Sync. As for the overheating, make sure wifi, bluetooth and anything else is off. Also make sure the push e-mail is off. That will drain the battery real quick and insure that it stays warm. I have never had the problem but have heard of many that have. After you download a custom firmware just hold shift while clicking restore to find where you downloaded it on the hard drive and let iTunes do the rest.

Victor
  5. iTouch_PR_14

iTouch_PR_14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Aight, so I'm also havin dis problem with Cydia, it crashes everytime I open it, it doesnt even say Loading Data. To fix this, can I just re-jailbreak w/ redsn0w and keep all my music and stuff? Or will re-jalbreaking delete something?