Will Cydia Become the New Installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by iPoTH4CK3R, Aug 12, 2008.

1. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    With this continuously lengthening, "sometime soon" arrival date of Installer 4.0, I think (and I KNOW I am) most people are growing more and more used to Cydia. Cydia does have a very nice UI, and is also organized nicely. The only problem I see with it is it's uninstall page, it's a little cluttered with things that shouldn't be shown on there i.e. things that shouldn't be removed. However, even though I do like Cydia's GUI very much (and yes I HAVE seen the ne 4.0 layout for Installer) I think I will still go back to Installer whenever it comes out. What's your guys' opinion? Will Cydia become the new Installer? Will you continue to use CYdia when Installer 4.0 is released? Or will you use both?
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I will use cydia until installer becomes less buggy. Then i will use both. But mainly cydia.
  3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

I will use cydia until installer becomes less buggy. Then i will use both. But mainly cydia.
  4. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have both (cydia and installer beta) and i prefer cydia. a lot.
    i will still use installer when it is released but only because some packages will be easier to download from it due to more sources etc.
    i prefer the gui of cydia. installer looks nicer but i prefer the cydia interface
  5. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    way to copy&paste my post =P
  6. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Cydia is growing on me. the installer beta from winpwn looks awful. The lcons and app bars are too big. I like alot of things on one screen.
  7. Kohkane

Kohkane New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

meh..i'm lazy
  8. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the beta isn't that great, and i doubt the final version will be a lot better. Cydia is for me, just needs as much content as the old installer.
  9. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    the GUI in installer is pretty and all but its laggy. and unless customize improves a lot, then winterboard is going to be the new thing to use for theming, which the majority of the themes will come from cydia since its made by the same person.

I use to care about installer but now after using cydia for awhile I wouldn't care if RiP canceled the whole project. I've got everything I want except video recorder and islsk.