will customize ever be perfected on 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Tman47, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i havent heard any news on what is to happen to customize, its awful as of now, is that gonna change?
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

No, Spicychicken pretty much fails and saurik already pwned him with WinterBoard. I doubt spicychicken will be doing that much to make it better.
  3. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah lol

its kinda sad how they made a HUGE deal of customize way back when it was in alpha testing and it even kinda sucked for 1.1.4
  4. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How did saurik "pwn" him?
    They are friends.
    Infact, the only reason FreeBoard exists is because of saurik.

thespicychicken just doesn't keep up with firmware updates and I don't think he enjoys working on Customize as much as he used to, probably because the current version was pretty much DOA, and also because it isn't as necessary anymore.
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

I'm saying WinterBoard > Customize, and that spicychicken won't even try to improve it because WinterBoard is so much more powerful.
  6. edru

edru New Member

what is needed though is a real UI for winderboard - and not that WbApp thing either - that didnt do the job well enough.
  7. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    What's going on with all the hate on this forums? Customize was a GREAT app, it allowed to change a lot of things w/o the need to SSH, and it had a great way to distribute themes, plus it had a GUI, and compatibility with SummerBoard.

I still have customize on my 2.0 to change stuff like strings.

Winterboard might be great, but honestly, how easy is to create a theme for it for the average user? You have to figure out a bunch of names for the images, customize made that a lot easier, resulting on more complete themes.
  8. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i agree. Cusotmize WAS fantastic. in my opinion it got too messy, all that business about each app needing its own folder containing just one icon. Winterboard isnt difficult, its fully compaitible with your old summerboard themes so just one folder for icons. what could be easier? and no messing around with names, just name the png the same as the apps name on springboard and its done. the only thing new you need to learn with winterboard is the bundles structure and file names for carrier, battery etc. once youve learned that theres no problem whatsoever. and as i said in another thread, the beauty for me is being able to combine a set of different themes so that different parts show up (wallpaper and icons from one, keyboard from another, battery and sliderd etc from a third. that is just so powerful. What would be EVEN nicer would be an interface that allowed applying a different theme to each page of springboard (i know it can be done by combining themes as described above, but then gets stuffed if you change an icon from one page to another.
  9. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

being a member of the customize forums we haven't seen hide nor hair of spiceychicken since beginning of the month on their
  10. uzair21

uzair21 New Member

I guess it will be perfect till we reach 2.0.4