Will apple warranty cover this?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by raEEv3, Feb 9, 2008.

1. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Okay so.. I applied bestskinsever on my ipod touch. Water went inside -.-" a big blob.. It evaporated soon after 24 hours. But these two tiny tiny tiny very VERY tiny.. water blobs on it. The water also damaged things inside I think.. whenever I turn on the sleep button theres a black line that appears half way inside the ipod, but it goes away soon after the sleep button is activated. Also whenever the ipod is on, theres a line near the top of t he ipod, it shines.. it's really glossy which I doubt it's from the BSE. So I was wondering, once those tiny tiny two water blobs evaporate.. can I just lie to apple and tell them it came in like this? Btw.. I jailbroke it.. so will I have to restore to 113? Will they know I caused this? I still have 1yr left for apple warranty

Edit : I also have BSE on currently. Do I need to take it off if I ship it to them?
  2. hockeystar815

hockeystar815 New Member

i would say you would need to .. but go to apple . com and look at warrenty or call them and talk to a customer service rep.. they will know
  3. shuffle

shuffle Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes you have to restore it, and add your music and stuff back on too. They will not take a jailbroken ipod, but when you restore they cannot tell.

As for the rest, I don't really know... did you get the apple care protection plan for it?
  4. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

I doubt that the Warranty will cover water damage, but if you want to try you will need to take a clean ipod back with no JB traces left. So if you are returning it restore 1.1.1, then connect to Itunes and let it upgrade you to the latest Apple 1.1.3 and sync your stuff to the ipod then take it back.
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Look in the headphone jack - there's a piece of litmus paper in there that changes color when exposed to work. If it didn't change color, probably won't get called on it by Apple... Search the forums - someone even claimed a "fix" even if it did change color...