Will Apple replace my iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kamal5one9, May 3, 2008.

1. kamal5one9

kamal5one9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    A few days ago I was watching a movie on my iPod and it overheated and it shut off. I think the screen burned out. Will apple replace it? Also, about 2 months ago I dropped my iPod and there are a few scratches on the front of the iPod. The scratches are not on the screen, they are on that black lining around the screen. Will apple accuse of damaging my iPod and not replace it even though it had nothing do with my iPod burning out? Someone please help me. One more thing, my iPod is NOT jailbroken.
  2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    well, you have nothing to loose, so why not try
    I think they would, but that's my opinion.
  3. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

if you r almost 100% sure that the ipod wont turn on... try every single way to do it... and if nothing works then just to go to apple and as they r not able to turn it on then they should replace it... (make sure u dont mention anything about jailbreaking ... and tell them how it happened thou...) so i think they should replace no matter about the scratches
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I think they'll let you return it, just say it suddenly stopped working.
    If you say you dropped it, it's attributed to user damage, which is not covered by the warranty.
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's a bonus that you haven't jailbroken your iPod in this case. You should be able to get a new replacement for free, the scratches are just from typical use, they don't even need to know about you dropping it. They might ask you, and if they do, say no.
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Don't say anything about dropping it, just tell them how your screen burned out and they'll replace it.