Will Apple replace my iPod if it's overheating?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by neko3343, Oct 3, 2010.

1. neko3343

neko3343 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I know it's supposed to heat up A LITTLE when it charges or syncs, but this last Thursday, I plugged my iPod into my clock/radio/dock, to use its music as an alarm on Friday.

Now, two things:

a.) It's supposed to stop charging when it reaches 100%, right? Well it was still hot in the morning. It was at 100% when I went to bed, and was on the dock for atleast 7 hours after that, maybe like an hour before being full.

b.) Should my iPod get hot enough to burn me? (rhetorical question; it's OBVIOUSLY not supposed to.) Well maybe not BURN me, but enough for me to be unable to hold it for about 10 minutes...

Since, all of my apps have followed a pattern of lag, crash, be perfectly fine, crash again, crash on opening. The battery is also NOWHERE NEAR where it used to be. Listening to music for 4 hours got me down to 70% yesterday. It usually doesn't go down below 90% for that length of time.

So, if I explain all of this to Apple (I'll be at a store next Sunday) will they be able to replace my iPod (2nd+ gen, 8GB)? Or am I stuck with this one forever?

I worked all summer to afford the thing, and I'd be REALLY upset if I can't get one that works right...

Please Register or Log in to view images

*EDIT: Now that I think about it, the battery has been weird since I got the thing. It takes like 45 minutes to get from the "20% remaining" warning to full. Isn't it supposed to take HOURS? But it only started getting hot Thursday; it never even got slightly warm before that, and I didn't do anything other than baby the crap of it...

*ANOTHER EDIT (because I have no life.): Or at least fix it?
  2. tw23

tw23 Community Development Staff Member

yes i think they can replace it but not sure... they will probally fix it???? but idk... just set up an appoitment with the genius bar... thats what i would do
  3. neko3343

neko3343 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ...Does it have to be by appointment? Or can I just go in there...?
  4. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Apple will replace it as long as there is no cracks or anything.
    Just send it in or go to an Apple store and get it replaced directly.
    I take mine back to the place I got them and get it replaced if I have problems.
  5. tw23

Yes. One time I went into apple and they wouldn help me. That say I need an appoitment
  6. neko3343

neko3343 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Um, It has a bunch of scratches and scuffs form an Incase Slider case, and a few TEENY scratches from TRYING to clean them up. All on the "chrome". Will that be okay? Also some scratches on the screen protector, but its the screen protector; it comes off...

Can they just give me a new one right there? Or do they have to mail it? Or have me pick it up at a later date (which would suck because we're NEVER in Buffalo...)?

I got mine at Walmart.com, where it was $40 cheaper than in an actual Walmart xD And the morons at our local Walmart know NOTHING about the online store. Believe me, I've been there already. They tried to make me pay the $40 difference AND return the 11-piece kit that came with it. I guess it could be a last resort if it has to be...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Nooooo...! Do I have to call, or can it be done online/ by email?

And thank you A LOT for telling me that, or else I probably would've ended up having a giant breakdown in the middle of the mall... (which would be bad. For the record.)
  7. tw23

If u go there u can set up an appointment. If not then u have to call. But u might be able to email idk
  8. neko3343

neko3343 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Would the appointment have to be for a later date?

Or would it be like a go in, tell them what you need, they put you on a queue, and wait sorta thing? Kinda like at a Verizon store (Okay, maybe not. But out local one does.)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh, okay, just set up an appointment online.

Please Register or Log in to view images