Will apple repair my brothers Jailbroken Ipod Touch 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jsk8101, Mar 29, 2009.

1. jsk8101

jsk8101 New Member

Does anybody know if apple will replace it. I heard that if you jailbreak it and it breaks and you take it to apple they will replace it but if you jailbreak it again and it breaks again then they wont does anybody know if this is true.
  2. 5melly

5melly New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    id try every other option first. i think i read on these forums that if you take a jailbroken ipod touch to apple that they take it from you... i dont know how valid that is, but i would have to pry my ipod out of some poor knocked out clerks little hands if they tried that one on me...
  3. redforeva

redforeva New Member

I clearly remember that Apple is trying to make Jailbreaking an illegal and fineable offense.

I suggest bringing it to them (broken) in another way, otherwise you'd probably end up with nothing.
  4. doctadunk

doctadunk New Member

its probably not even broken, read!
  5. danny999911

danny999911 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well they can't fine you or take it away from you as you bought it, it is yours and there are no special laws about it so the worst thing they can do is eject you from the shop and refuse to replace it. Your best option is to drop it in water or something so it won't swich on, and then say it was never jailbroken.
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    they will know if you drop it in water

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Take a flashlight, and look in the headphone jack. See that white paper? When you get water in it, it turns purple. It's called litmus paper.
  8. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I thought is turned red
  9. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it is 100% truly broken, and wont turn on, they will replace it.

They will either take it from you ship it off and attempt to fix the broken one, or just exchange it for a new one.

If it is entirely broken with no physical damage (like you dropped it, in that case it'd be YOUR fault and no refund), and they can't make it work, they wont be able to know whether or not it is jailbroken, and whenever they do repair it, they will have to install new parts more than likely and they would then restore it.

If it TRULY broken, chances are, they wont ever find it it was jailbroken. But if your jailbreaking it caused it to break, you better make up something different about how you broke it, like you had it in your Universal Dock, you heard a pop and now it wont work, that one usually works well.
  10. redforeva

redforeva New Member

We can also use the power of alcohol to reset the color of the litmus paper.

Yes really.